Teflon Encapsulated O-rings And Gaskets
Square Cross-Section Ring Seals. Same as FEP above plus:
• Retrofits into standard O-Ring groove
• Larger sealing surface
• Less squeeze required for sealing
• Effects more positive seal
• Rectangular cross-section also available
• Solid silicone & Viton™ core
For part numbers of gaskets with Viton™ cores, substitute V for S.
Transferring perfumes and oils
Blending and batching oils and
greases for soap
Paints and Dyes:
Mixing color pigments
Blending raw materials
Bulk Liquid Transfer:
Mining slurries, agricultural chemicals, brewing
Kingseal Silicone, Viton™ or EPDM O-Rings encapsulated with FEP of PFA is designed to address the growing problem of sealing in the most hostile chemical and temperature environments. The TFE encapsulated O-ring combines the best qualities of two materials, FEP and PFA on the outside with its chemical inertness and an elastomer on the inside for resilience. This unique combination forms a highly effective, long-lasting seal for the most demanding applications.
Kingseal TFE Encapsulated O-rings are available in over 60 standard cross-section
sizes from .63" (1.60mm) to 1-1/4 (31.75mm). Standard TFE encapsulated O-rings
are comprised of FEP over silicone, Viton™, or EPDM and can be used in temperatures
from -75°F to +400°F (-60° to +205°C) depending upon the choice of elastomer.
For high temperature applications to 500°F (260°C), our TFE encapsulated O-ring
is made with PFA over silicone. PFA has higher mechanical strength than FEP or TFE
at elevated temperatures and has excellent crack and stress resistance.
Teflon encapsulated O-Rings are primarily used as a static seal (axial or radial).
Standard TFE Encapsulated O-Rings in round or square cross-section are manufactured
in sizes to AS 568A industry standards. Non-standard sizes are also available for custom
designs, along with a full range of metric (ISO) sizes.
FEP-encapsulated O-Rings (Flourinated Ethylene Propylene):
• Outstanding chemical and corrosion resistance
• Low coefficient of friction
• Resilience with choice of elastomeric cores
• Low compression set
• Temperature range: -75°F to 400°F (-60°C to 205°C)
• Unlimited sizes (No tooling charges)
• Solid and hollow silicone, Viton™ cores
• FDA compliant materials available
• USP Class VI approved materials available
PFA-encapsulated O-Rings ( Perflouroalkoxy).
Same as FEP above but with these added benefits:
• High temperature applications to 500°F (260°C)
• Higher mechanical strength
• Better flex-life
• Low vapor permeation
• Excellent stress and crack resistance
• Longer wearability
TFE Encapsulated Gaskets provide a superior seal for any bulk
liquid transfer in manufacturing, distribution of storage.
From trucks to storage
From storage to process areas
Deliveries to service stations
Blending grease and oil
Mixing oil additives
Rubber and Plastics:
Blending liquids and resins
Printing and Marking Equipment:
Viton™ is a registered trademark of Dupont Performance Elastomers
Teflon™ is a registered trademark of Dupont.